Thursday, August 19, 2010

Book Review - New Language of Toys


I got to know about this book from Navya's Speech Therapist. She felt that we were not playing enough + not in a correct way. So she suggested this book. After a lot of search in Crossword/Odyssey shops, I ordered it online. 

The book talks about the
  • Stages of speech development.
  • Age appropriate toys (0-6 yrs) with photographs
  • Sample Dialogues while playing with the toy
  • Checklists to track the progress
I think there is information for over 60 toys.
Most of the toys are available in India. Even if the branded ones are not available, I am sure the Indian/Chinese version of it would be available. And the interesting part, for every section there are some Home Made toys :). Yes they are quite interesting and innovative, and simple to make.

Lot of time I don't understand what kind of toys are useful and most importantly how to play with Navya.
This book surely helps me with that. I am sure you will get an idea how to talk to the child. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I am convinced it's a very useful book.

Price: Rs. 900+ (I had ordered on Infibean.com and there was a huge discount on it.)
Actual Price: I think the actual cost is 1400+ (not very sure though)

PS: Just noticed it is listed on Downsed Shop
Ria has already posted the review of this book, here is a link to that post.

1 comment:

Ria said...

I like this book too. It's nicely put together and easy to follow with very helpful suggestions. I wrote a book review on it as well. http://billandria.blogspot.com/2009/06/book-review-new-language-of-toys.html